An englishman in Paris

vendredi, juillet 14, 2006

Versailles

Photos - Parc de Versailles



At the chateau in Versailles there is an underground network of X kilometers of pipes and tubes to feed the 100 or so fountains and waterfalls.

Every day, from 4pm until about 7pm, the water is turned on and the park comes alive; it just wakes up.

Above is Le Bassin de Neptune.

The sculpture is in bronze and represents Neptune rising fearlessly up out of the dark depths in his chariots of doooooooom .

I was lucky enough to have been there long before the fountains started, so i started clicking away, doing my best tourist impression.

Whilst all the while being agahst at having to pay to get in.

I'm a resident of the town, i pay my taxes for the town, i might even one day be able to vote ...

It won't be for the people who are in now, that's for sure

Still ... I paid my seven euros, yomped around for about an hour, got a bit sunburned and backtracked when the water came on line.

A bit of a "before and after" exercise, then, today.

Click on photos to enlarge

The current mood of damiel at www.imood.com
damiel0000@yahoo.fr

Site Counter