An englishman in Paris

mercredi, août 02, 2006

I've just been blog hopping and i've had a flash of utter sadness.

I can remember my father suddenly dying at home when i was young.

He collapsed at home and we went by ambulance to the hospital.

I remember i was wearing my favorite white bomber jacket.

He died twenty minutes later, in a cubicle - from complications.

The other patients smoked and watched the horse racing on t.v.

I was waiting with them.

In my white bomber jacket.

One of them asked me if i knew

what time his injections were due.

Libellés :

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Fuckin' hell dude ! I didn't know that sad story. It reminds me some sad things too about my father, two things especially, when the ambulance came while he was choking, he couldn't breath and begun to piss on himself of the stress he had because of the lack of air in his lungs, I remember the terror in his eyes. The souvenir of my dad suffering so much is so tough, so intense even now after many years. The second is later, at the hospital, he couldn't speak because of the tubes, he looked at me a long time and then he looked at my mum and then started again several times looking at me and then at my mum. I told him I didn't understand what he meant. He died that night. I understand now he wanted me to take care of my mum. It's a pity I didn't told him that he coud trust me, that I wouldn't let my mum alone, that he could go to heaven peacefully. Oh dude, I wonder what is the meaning of life (la vie n'est pas un long fleuve tranquille as we say). The only thing I know is that we have to carry on, and that's what I do, I'm going to be a daddy..

9:39 PM  
Blogger Damiel said...

Don't get me wrong, i don't kinda walk around all day as if i'v'e got the world on my shoulders ... i dunno it's just that sometimes times, somesthings, are so remarkable they have to be remembered... and that was a sad one.

I'm sorry.

11:31 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

The current mood of damiel at www.imood.com
damiel0000@yahoo.fr

Site Counter