An englishman in Paris

dimanche, décembre 31, 2006

My favorite music vids

I'm competely addicted to music.

I mentioned over the summer the whys and wherefores as to how i really got into groups like The Jam, Blondie, David Bowie etc .....

The tracks below are for the most part a few years old.

However, since i'm still a bit of a newbie to this blogging malarky i wanted to start off by putting up music tracks that i really luurrrve (just to indulge myself).

This idea then changed once i'd figured out how to use Youtube as a way of stocking my videos - this is potentially frought with trouble given their policy on copyrighted stuff, so i don't know how long i will have before i take all of this stuff down or be banned :(


Click on a photo and you should be sped off to an old page where you can read bits of my year whilst listening to / watching a music vid .... the loading times my take a while, but trust me, the links do work, i've just checked them out.


Just to reiterate -click on a photo.

The Raconteurs – Steady as she goes

I love the guitars, the harmony .. the discovery of the video made me a very happy chappy indeed !




Dandy Warhols – Bohemian like you

I loved this track the first time i heard it with it's meaty cranky guitars. The video obviously converted me to the cause ;@)




Massive Attack – Inertia creeps

I've always been a big fan of Massive since the early nineties ... The lyrics are usually very dark but i find that there's something there that reminds of the Kinks (that's just me).




Franz Ferdinand – Dark of the Matinée

FRanz Ferdinand was the soundtrack to my little week off at the start of the year when i went to Marseille as i was just setting out on the path to blogging.




Dandy Warhols – Boys Better

The Dandys again - i'm hooked !




Black eyed peas – don’t funk with my heart

The Peas, Fergie in that dress - the video must be about two or three years old i guess but i just don't watch MTV and i loved the vid when it came on TV late one night




Les Wampas – Où sont les femmes ?

These guys are bonkers : they've taken a 70's disco song by Patrick Juvet, ramped it right up with clanky guitars and added in a bunch of Indian girls doing traditional indian dancing - completely mad.




Philippe Katerine – Luxour j’adore

Another french nutcase who took the charts by storm this year - some kind of hybrid, raverlite thing (good riff) but with banal yet very funny lyrics ... i'm not doing it justice. I love the video as the protagonist has evidently filmed the video in a rural, backwater, french hamlet where the inhabitants have undoubtedly never ever seen the likes of this 'alien' ... a truly crazy video ... a treat.




Black eyed peas – Pump it

The peas again. The Sims version of the video - i just dig that twangin' guitar entrée lifted from Pulp fiction.




Gorillaz – Clint Eastwood

The good old skankin' Gorrilaz : I'm happy !!





Like any good compilation there are two special bonus tracks !!

;@)

Anais - Mon coeur, mon amour.



Lilly Allen - Smile

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Thank you for sharing. I've just listened to the whole thing. (je me suis fait la totale.) and dicovered some cool stuff. I don't know how to post a You-tube thingy on my blog yet. I'll try to figure it out, it's good fun.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Damiel said...

:)

There a quite a few good sites for embedding music - i'll make a list of the ones i use.

I've got to be more disciplined this year with the music vids as they slow down page opening i think.

This post will be dissapearing from time to time - i seem to have problems with some of the coding ...

8:07 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

The current mood of damiel at www.imood.com
damiel0000@yahoo.fr

Site Counter