An englishman in Paris

vendredi, février 01, 2008

Things have been a bit strained with MissusBossWoman since my meeting with the HR guy on Tuesday.

I'd had to use her office as mine was still uninhabitable - i'm very quick and thorough with my interviews and thought that i'd be finished by about nine thirty

However, the guy wanted to go over every report that i'd sent him and have individual recommendations for each one of his employees (at ten minutes per person multiplied by about twenty or so people ..)

Anyhow, we finished at way past ten in the morning.

As soon as he'd left, MBW had a fit of hystrionics - between blahhdy blahhdy blahh i made out the words " ... e-mails ... phone calls ... nail filing .... intolerable ... no office ... early ..."

I let her finish, breathed in deeply and ...

... for once i held my tongue ... let her subside, gathered up my things, left them at the welcome dask and said to the receptionist : "je m'en vais"... a very ambiguous phrase which could mean either "i'm going out" or "i'm going home"

I toddled aimlessly off with a vague idea of taking some wintery photos of the Seine. In the event though, the cold air got the better of me and, for whatever reason, found myself ensconced in a nice warm café at Bastille, gazing out of a window whilst slurping hot chocolate until about midday.

I need to change my job

Libellés :

The current mood of damiel at www.imood.com
damiel0000@yahoo.fr

Site Counter