An englishman in Paris

lundi, mai 15, 2006

Listen to what i say, not as i do

At one o'clock today i just had to go out for a walk.


The boss is away on holiday for two weeks and, as usual, the fur has already started flying.

The designated team leader is not particularly effective on the communication front - this is exacerbated when Missuswoman (my boss) is away.

He has a tendancy to either over explain things in complex unnecessary detail - so people switch off and he gets huffy - or he just tries to do every thing himself, gets in every one's way and winds people up - he doesn't trust their abilities, so they get huffy.

As an aside, the center has two floors; Missuswoman, my colleague/team leader, and the accountant all work on the 2nd floor whilst i have the first floor to myself - which far from being glauque suits me down to the ground as i have bright sunlight streaming in from a lovely patio filled with green plants .

I only ever become aware of any problems when The Littl'un (our newest trainee) comes down blubbing/crying/wingeing or if i go upstairs for a coffee and to see how my clients are and 'feel' the atmosphere.

I don't particularly want to be involved in silly little he said/she said spats.

It's not that i lack empathy, i just don't want to be wasting energy getting dragged into bullshit/non-issue crap - i have a vested interested in not allowing the atmosphere to degrade as it will eventually effect the trainers and these things can lead to divisivenes.

I just don't have the head space for all that gear.

I'll give it two more days before i start knocking heads together.

In the mean time, i'm going to make the most of things and have two hour lunches and tons and tons of client meetings that finsh at about five ... so, oh dear, there's no point in my going back to the center for an hours work ;-)

The current mood of damiel at www.imood.com
damiel0000@yahoo.fr

Site Counter