An englishman in Paris

mercredi, juin 14, 2006

Mid week

Wednesday

I did my public speaking stuff on monday. My role was to assist the guy running a seminaire. The aim of which was to help Johnny Foreigner give a well structured, concise talk about .. whatevertheckuf he needed to talk about .. simply.

I also had to prepare something to present .. i was told on friday afternoon that i was going to participate on the monday.

Dilema 1) : what do i talk about ?
Dilema 2) : I'm off to Balaj's for the weekend.
Dilema 3) : I have to meet up with a fellow 'bloggeuse' on the friday ;-)

How do i get around all this stuff ?

Resolution to N° 1 : I'm going to talk about Blogs; I have no pretentions on that score, but evidently i can be a bit convincing for my alloted 10 minutes.

I thought i'd just take screen shots of a few of my favorite pages - private diaries, political blogs & funny ones - then just talk about the history and using data from Pew, give an idea as to who blogs for what reason and who reads what etc and so on ... the rest i can just talk around.

Evidently, it was all well structured, but due to points 2 & 3 (below) i couldn't find time for the all important practice and timing - it was mission impossible .. but nevertheless, i (only) over ran by a good 15 minutes (!!) and it was O.K ...

For point 2) I've not been to Balaj's for at least 3 or 4 months.

When i do go, i forget everything else : i kinda click my red heels and : 'Hey Toto, we're going back to Kansas' kinda idea ... i don't miss a lot of things from blighty, but the calm and peacefulness of a back garden is one of them ... not being able to go the sea when i want to is possibly biggest thing i miss.

So no time to think anout things for the monday (not that i would have thought about it anyway).

As for point 3) Pfwhouarrrrr .. read this and This


4 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Hi from Canada!

Bon Jour de Blogger du Web International !

Bad Candadian attempt at Happy International Webloggers Day!


Lynn

3:25 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

oh at least I could spell Canadian correctly!

Oh You Know what I mean!

Lynn AGAIN!

3:26 AM  
Blogger Damiel said...

Salut Lynn,

Joyeuse journée du blog ;o)

I've been a bit occupied recently so i missed the whole chat thing ...

Thank ya for stopping by

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Q. What do you call a smart blonde?
A. A golden retriever.

Q. What do you call an Amish guy with his hand up a horse's ass?
A. A mechanic!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Why do lesbians like to be reincarnated as whales? So they can have 10 foot tongues and breathe out of the tops of their heads.

I was so ugly when I was born, the doctor slapped my mother.

I worked some gigs in the Deep South…Alabama…You talk about Darwin’s waiting room. There are guys in Alabama who are their own father.

I knew these Siamese twins. They moved to England, so the other one could drive.

Last night I was having dinner with Charles Manson, and in the middle of dinner he turned to me and said "Is it hot in here, or am I crazy?"

10:02 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

The current mood of damiel at www.imood.com
damiel0000@yahoo.fr

Site Counter