An englishman in Paris

dimanche, octobre 22, 2006

I've just got back from a weekend in Lille.

It's the second time i've been there in about six weeks or so.

I really like the town for different reasons : it's an old town with a thriving night life (made up of young studenty types); the 'northern' architecture (which is not too disimilar from some towns in the south of England) and it's proximity to Belgium, Holland etc.

I really love the fact that it's divided up into two parts : the modern town and the ancient town which has remained unchanged for hundreds of years (go here to see photos of my last visit).

At the moment the city is holding a cultural event called Lille 3000 where the theme is linked to India - i don't exactly know why India was chosen, but there you go.

I spent my time visiting different exhibitions retelling the story of the history of India: colonial rule, Ghandi, the partition, Ghandi (father and daughter), Nehru etc ...

I'm extremly dissapointed as i only managed to get a few photos taken before my camera ran out of juice and i'd forgotten to take my charger .

The current mood of damiel at www.imood.com
damiel0000@yahoo.fr

Site Counter