An englishman in Paris

mercredi, mai 17, 2006

My average day

Mad world

New clients :2
Reactivated clients : 3
Neurotic trainees : 2
Happy clients : 2
Angry clients :1
Time taken for lunch : 0 minutes


The Champs Elysées has been absolutely choc-a-block, crawling with Arsenal and Barça supporters since the start of the week ... i've lost count of how many 'Looking for tickets' signs i've seen.

It feels like the world cup has already started and it's all very bon enfant, I don't think there'll be any trouble tonight ... i hope we have a good match, with lots of good action, no injuries and above all; goals galore - extra time with Arsenal winning on penalties is my prediction.

Anyways, my day started off nicely with half a dozen financial proposals being returned - some of which had been on the back burner for about eight weeks ... and an old client that we've not seen for about two years has finally responded to my calls agreeing to see me next week ... finally i had a call from someone that i went to see in january who said that she has 30 people to train up - so i need to get organised for that ... all of which is super news.

So far so good.

Things started to go downhill from about 11 o'clock when Mrs neurotic N°1 needed to tell me all about her cheating husband who stays out all night, doesn't have time for her and how she wants a divorce .................... she just sort of plonked herself down at my desk, uninvited, and started spewing it all out.

I do not, by the way, have a sign on my door saying: 'your lifes strife put right - walk this way'.

This lasted 'till about midday, with me shuffling papers and files around i'm a bit busy, but you know .. when i had this terrible premonition that she was going to invite me to lunch.

Luckily, my phone rang and i was saved from a fate worse than ... worse than .... whatever

Neurotic N°2 was obviously waiting in the wings somewhere, because les than fifteen minutes later it was: 'i'm unhappy, listen to my existential misery - the sequal' ...

I didn't get anything started until two o'clock - i'd been at work since nine fifteen.

I really ought to be flattered, i suppose, that people feel that they've found someone that they can talk to, but i'm just not going to be giving advice because, simply, it's not my place to do so.

But what do you do ? I'm not going to be saying to someone; 'i'm just not interested, go and get professional help' - these people really do seem to have problems and need to let it all out.

But why meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ?

The current mood of damiel at www.imood.com
damiel0000@yahoo.fr

Site Counter